BRIDGE Energy Group, Inc. (“BRIDGE”) has an opening for a Director in the BRIDGE Transmission & Distribution Center of Excellence. In this high-impact, high-visibility role reporting to the VP of Transmission & Distribution, you will have a unique opportunity to define, engineer and bring to market client T&D solutions. This individual will help lead BRIDGE clients in business and technology transformation for T&D real-time systems, define business and technology changes through next-generation technology and systems, and deliver on utility strategic objectives.
BRIDGE is a leader in developing technology strategy and driving electrical grid and gas business performance improvement, leveraging real-time operations, work and asset management, systems integration and security systems and infrastructure. Real-time systems are at the heart of our clients’ value chain and this role is critical in supporting the definition, selling and delivering of those utility business and technology integration initiatives.
In this role, the Director will work with BRIDGE clients and internal resources to define next-generation business and technical models, including new products, services and functional capabilities leveraging new distribution management system technologies, communications infrastructure and systems integration. This is a fast paced, high intensity role that will require a combination of skills and experience to be successful, some of which include: utility consulting, operations subject matter expertise, technology integration, operations technologies and systems, effective writing and speaking skills, attention to detail and quality, and operating as a team player.
Success in this role requires a well-rounded background in utility consulting, technology architecture definition, and systems integration and operations technology delivery. Our ideal candidate will understand real-time utility systems, their applicability in the utility environment and the opportunities for comprehensive systems integration.
In addition to developing and maintaining the BRIDGE go-to-market approach related to real-time T&D systems integration, this individual will also be called upon as a subject matter expert to support the development of client solutions through the proposal process and on real-time systems integration engagements. This may include the definition of client real-time systems implementation strategy, integration architecture and design, governance and implementation planning as well as deployment support.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Actively support the company strategic direction, definition of solutions, services and products, and go-to-market strategies related to real-time T&D systems integration
- Develop and mature BRIDGE’s System Integration Capabilities
- Develop and maintain leadership on industry direction, business capabilities, and executive perspectives on real-time systems, their applicability and the opportunities for comprehensive systems integration
- Support and further develop the BRIDGE brand by providing ‘thought leadership’ in Utility Real-Time T&D Solutions, including presenting at industry conferences, developing whitepapers, and attending standards development committees and workgroups
- Collaborate with technology product partners and our Centers of Excellence to define technology solutions, software accelerators, and software products
- Collaborate with Marketing in the definition of go-to-market strategies for BRIDGE real-time T&D solutions
- Support sales engineering as a subject matter expert in utility real-time systems
- Support solutions delivery across the project life cycle including business and technology assessments, strategy and roadmap development, and business case definition
- Provide training and mentorship to junior resources on solutions and enterprise architecture delivery
Skills, Experience & Education Requirements
- 10+ years in utility consulting with 8+ years in Utility business and technology consulting
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of multiple domains of systems implementation and integration; e.g. Business, Applications, Data, Integration, or Infrastructure.
- Experience planning and implementing electric and gas operations technology and systems; e.g. ADMS, DMS, EMS/SCADA, OMS, GIS, WMS, AMS, Mobile, Meter to Grid AMI integration, SOA/ESB platforms
- Experience leading utilities through the transformation of business process, organizational definition/change and technology innovation to achieve utility strategic objectives
- Experience defining, measuring and reporting on key utility operations and technology performance indicators (KPIs)
- Experience defining technology strategy and roadmaps
- Experience with Utility technology standards: IEC, CIM, IEE, MultiSpeak, DNP, canonical models
- Experience leading clients in system and vendor evaluation and selection
- Experience with enterprise architectural frameworks, standards and governance
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree (technology or engineering degree preferred)
- Experience with Utility electric and gas organizational models and business processes
- Experience working in IT / OT, Field Operations, Grid Operations and/or Engineering and Planning for Transmission & Distribution
- Self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision
- Calm and collected under pressure
- Effective decision maker
- Fosters information/knowledge sharing
- Builds trusted client and peer relationships
- Attention to detail; focused on quality/accuracy
- Resourceful; able to work around unexpected issues/challenges
How to Apply
Please submit the form below or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.